Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WACKADOO ZOO

Austin happy to be at the program


Me at the Music Program



The beginning of the program and a fairly alert Redden


Tonight was the BeaverCreek Elementary School Spring Music Program called Wackadoo Zoo. Involving the 1st and 2nd graders. I'm not sure why they did this as I think it's totally crazy, but they had his hour long program begin at his bedtime. I have both my kids in bed by 7:30. Half the time they were supposed to be singing...Redden was standing up there yawning. Redden is hilarious and I think totally suffers from his Dad's side of the family social anxiety problems. At dinner he started to cry and said that his stomach hurt and he's now forgotten his memorized part and that he's sure he shouldn't attend tonights performance. We were just getting ready to pray for dinner, so I made sure to pray for him to remember his part and to have fun and feel comforted. I think that made all the difference in the world. Even just to hear the words spoken because he cheered right up. Out of all the 1st and 2nd graders Redden was 1 of 15 kids chosen to memorize and perform a part. It was very cute and he did a really good job as you'll be able to hear. When we were finished he said "can we go get ice cream because I did such a great job?" He did do an excellent job and we love him and are proud of him. Enjoy.

No comments: