Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Who got rid of slavery anyway??


Okay so maybe that wasn't the nicest title for my post, but I do have to say that I'm lovin life right now. I love when my kids get into the groove of having chores. Redden said to me tonight...why don't you just sit down and take a break while we do the dishes. I'm pretty sure that kids don't says that, or EVER say that, but he's my little angel. My kids have been doing these chores for a while, but for some reason tonight was amazing. Perhaps it was because they just did it without complaining...I'm not sure. I must say that I have underestimated the ability of my children. Never in a million years would I have thought that my 4 year old was capable of rinsing the dinner dishes without making a huge mess in my kitchen (which I don't have the patience for) but wow they surprise me everyday with things that they are interested in doing. The only thing I learned tonight...is that Austin is not allowed to use the spray wand...although he thought it was very funny when water sprayed the chicken (my little rooster next to my sink) I also can't stand when things get put away in the wrong spots. I've always assumed that if my children do it, that having things in the wrong place would be the price I would have to pay (I'll admit it hasn't been worth it to me.) I have since learned that if you teach them that everything has a spot and be willing to work through it with them a few times that they'll usually do it fabulously. So to sum up my evening, while I took a break the following things were magically done in the Turner household: Garbage cans and recycling bins brought into the garage, recycling taken out, dishwasher unloaded, dinner dishes rinsed and loaded into the dishwasher, waterbottles filled and put in the garage fridge and homework read to me after my break. What wonderful children I have...Thank heavens!!! Any way...here are some pictures and video clips of my little slaves at work.

5 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ok, can you tell me your secret on how you trained your boys?! I'm very impressed! No complaining from them either! WOW!! Seriously, what's your secret?

Anonymous said...

What more could any mom ask for?
What little angels you have.
Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that even if blogging took you an hour or so. Its priceless to me to see updated pictures and to be able to share a little more of my children and grandchildrens lives. It makes us feel like we arent so many miles away. Tell them Grandma Chris is proud of them for helping you out so much. I love you guys.
Grandma Chris

Anonymous said...

Wow boys, that is great that you help out your mom so much. I hope that you help your dad also. It is great to be able to see all of you. We miss you tons and hope to be able to see you again soon.

Love Grandpa David and Grandma Mary.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I have a 4 year old and he has never even acted interested in doing chores, man I need to get on that one. That post was too cute, what sweet boys.
Leah