Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Hubby's 35th Birthday

I think all in all he had a great birthday. This year he was very undecided on what he wanted. This is a very strange thing for him to say. I must tell you that since I have known this handsome man...he has always had "a list". I would hear something like this..."If I could get new golf clubs I really wouldn't want anything else." He would get new golf clubs and I would hear things that he still wanted. We have crossed things off and for some reason it never fails that there is some mentally acruing list. It's always been amazing to me and I've wondered if something was wrong with me as I feel like I don't want alot very often. It was so weird to have to come up with a generic way to give him cash. The kids and I rolled up a bunch of money and things we love about him and stuffed them into 35 balloons and labeled them 1-35. He had to find 1 then 2.... you get the idea. It was fun to watch. The best part was this..."We need 14, okay pop it..."We love you because you take care of us" cool...k now ballon 15, oohh money...16." I do have to give him a little credit we were in a hurry to catch the movie, but I do think he was more excited to get his cash than he was to read about why we love him (which is actually good on my part in my opinion...it means I've done my job of letting him know how much we love and appreciate him). I didn't mind...that made my job very easy, it was just a very different experience for me. Rich came home from work and ran on the treadmill, had a requested dinner of steak, rosemary & Olive Oil crispy potato chunks and vegetables (those weren't requested but I have to fulfill my motherly duties of providing fruits and vegetables...after all I did make a vow to his mother 10 years ago). We ate dinner, opened presents and enjoyed a delicious piece of the famous red velvet birthday cake that my husband couldn't bear the thought of living without on his birthday. It must go on record that I made the frosting and the cake from scratch this year. The last few I've been getting off easy with buying the box of red velvet cake but it just doesn't taste the same as the scratch version. We later enjoyed a movie night together while we got a very patient babysitter to watch our kids. Kenny is a wonderful kid that my kids love to have over. He did put in a hard nights work of answering the phone. We're sorry we weren't home to take the calls but appreciate everyone who made an effort in calling to wish him a happy birthday. The movie you're about to see...I believe proves his age. Happy Birthday RICH

4 comments:

Bill & Jen said...

WOW, Rich, you're almost 40! AHHH!HAHA!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Son...
Love the Vin Diesel look!

Brian and Mal said...

how funny and creative. Way to go on getting your video to work. I still can't get mine up. I think I'm going to try you tube next.

Anonymous said...

How funny! That video had me lauging out loud! you have such a cute blog too.
Leah