Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

My how this month has flown. It seems like just yesterday that the beginning of October was around the corner. I rushed and rushed through the end of September trying to get things finalized for our Stake Super Saturday. This was my 3rd year of being in charge and things go more smoothly every year. 1 more year to go. I was worried because it was on the 18th and I was due on the 15th. I wasn't sure how I was going to pull that one off. Luckily we had our sweet little "squeaks" (her new nick name) on the 3rd. The next thing I knew, it was the Saturday before Halloween and I realized that I hadn't even purchased pumpkins for the kids yet. Last year we grew them so I guess it didn't dawn on me like it should have this year. Austin keeps telling Rich and I every time we drive through the neighborhood that everyone has cooler decorations than us. I've been a total slacker this year with Halloween and I'm sad because I usually have our front porch all decked out in glow in the dark spider webs and all. Oh well, maybe next year. Anyway, we (and by we, I mean me and Rich agreed to go along :) you know I love you honey!) decided take the kids to the pumpkin patch after the soccer games and lunch. We got to ride a little train out into a field where they had a petting zoo then load up on the train again and ride out into the field through haunted tunnels and out to a hay pyramid with mazes inside. You were able to walk around and pick the pumpkin of your choice and load it up on the train and head back to the station to have it weighed. I left my memory chip in the reader at home and only had my spare in my purse. It saved me but I had to be very selective of the pictures that I took as it only holds like 10 pics but I'm glad I had it because 10 is better than none. We bought some carmel kettle corn and sat in the beautiful sunny weather as a family and enjoyed a huge sleeve of popcorn together. We love our times like this together. And...despite my husbands non excitement about going, he loves it once we're there. Then I make sure that my kids tell Daddy thank you. Why do I do this? I'm not sure. I guess because I love him. We ended up at home with 2 adorable pumpkins and another story to follow.
















9 comments:

Bill & Jen said...

OH my, the boys are getting soooo big. I love Jessi's scrunched up face up against her daddy's chest!!! Gosh she's so darn cute!!! Like the headband ;). I LOVE how long your hair is getting.....then I look at your blog picture up top and LOVE it like that too....! Do you know very much about the blogfrog and how it works???

Bill & Jen said...

BTW, You look great!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Thank you cous, for always being a faithful commentor :) Don't worry, Mark already informed me that I was a desperate loser after yesterday's post! HA! Oh well. And don't worry, you guys are a lot more festive this Halloween than we are! Sadly, we haven't even carved pumpkins...nor do I think that will happen this year. Sad day :( Oh, and this is totally off subject, but I'm laughing so hard right now. I was looking at the picture of your home, at the side of your blog. I've never noticed it before, but tonight I discovered BATMAN in the picture! That is awesome!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Oh, I forgot to ask, where did you guys get your pumpkins? Please tell me you went to the Roloff Farm!!! That would be awesome if you did!!!

Gary or Carol said...

So celebrating Halloween in Oregon City has got to top Halloween in Korea (which is almost non-existant except for a few American missionaries' ingenuity) with or without decorations.

Andrea, you are looking good!

Anonymous said...

Tell Rich that he can return your sunglasses to you now.

Brian and Mal said...

Oh my gosh you look so good! I can't believe you just had a baby! Your family is so cute and festive. I've sure been having a pity party for my little family lately and our lack of activities. Did you go to Roloff farms to get your pumpkins?! I sure hope so! Can't wait to see you guys! Love ya!

Gma Chris said...

I dont think having a baby and being in charge of Super Saturday for Relief Society with in 3 weeks before Halloween constitutes you as being a SLACKER..
We should have worked on the porch when Grandma was up there. Maybe she's the slacker :)
You are looking good, just dont forget where you got that thin down after babies gene from!

Brent & Kathy said...

You all look so cute! Andrea...wow, what a babe after having a babe! You give me high hopes for myself ;) It looks like Rich is having a great time with his new baby! What a great dad. We need to call each other asap!