Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Carving of the Pumpkin

I'm not sure why I continue to purchase pumpkins year after year. For some reason in this house of boys I (the girl) am the only one that will actually gut the pumpkin. I threaten every year that I'm not going to buy pumpkins if they don't gut them but I never follow through. You can't have Halloween without carving pumpkins. Once again, I'm sure for the 8th year in a row gutted both pumpkins for my kids. Austin was better than anyone. I made Rich help me with both of the boys where I'm still trying to get the feeling back into my wrists and hands. As you can see from the pictures we can see where my young boys get it...from their dad. He said to me under his breath, I hate doing this. haha. I'm telling you what I'm not sure where theses boys all came from? Rich even tried to convice Redden that his pumpkin would be scarrier if he left all the stringy stuff hanging down inside the pumpkin. I think that goes to show how much he doesn't like getting out the guts too. He helped but he was not happy about it. At the end of the evening we did end up with 2 carved and gutted pumpkins haleluja! This is him being totally grossed out after pulling out his first handfulLooks so happy doesn't he? Good thing he loves me because I'm pretty sure he was real mad!

4 comments:

Bill & Jen said...

HEHE! That is funny! However...you are not the only girl in the house .... but if ya look real close in the picture where you can see Jessi on the counter...well need I say more. (she is not liking it either!)
Too Cute!
Sure miss you guys! Did you get the package?

Shena said...

I'm the mom that does the same thing. I told my kids we were going to do something fun for FHE- ie. carve pumpkins. Half way through the project he comes back and says, "I thought this was suppose to be fun!" He wouldn't touch the 'guts' either. Kelson on the other hand- loved getting messy- up to his shoulders in pumpkin guts!

Lacey said...

Kaitlyn and I were the ones who gutted them in our family. That was always the cool part when we were kids but I cannot get the other two to do it. This was the first year that I didn't gut them all by myself. Jason will help but he always finds another activity to keep him busy while I gut them.

Danielle said...

I got smart and didn't buy any this year. Usually we buy 3 or 4 and we carve them, roast the seeds, etc. This year we just didn't do it! Wow, it feels nice to break tradition. There's less stress and I am feeling so free...oh and I saved $15!