Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Austins 5th Birthday

Up until today, I would have said that my children are getting old. Well, now I have something to keep me from saying that - a new baby. I absolutely can not believe that we have an 8 year old and a 5 year old and now an infant- boy where does the time go? Way to quickly is what I have to say. This year Austins birthday wish was to go to Chuck E Cheese with his family. My mom was still here and we invited Uncle Jay and Aunt Pam to go along. We celebrated with Pizza, and a "white cake with gray frosting" per Austins request. What a weird kid! By the time we finished there, we were finally throwing coins at the kids saying hurry put them in all the machines. Our kids were putting in 1 at a time walking around taking a look trying to spread out their fun, little did they know how many coins they actually got to have. Austin came back to the table and took the last 4 from his "location". He said "I have 4 more left". Rich and I burst into laughter and showed him his cup that was entirely full of coins. His eyes got huge!






Austin at the age of 5 you are a very fun loving child. You roll around on the floor playing and pretending anything you can imagine. You are extremely self entertained and can keep yourself busy for hours although you do love playing with friends. The little friends that are girls like to have you over because you don't mind playing ponies or barbies - you're just the "boy" one. You're very into having everyone help you with things because for some reason you think you can't do them anymore. Adjusting to having a baby in the house, you have become a little whiny but that's just more for mommy to love. You love your baby sister and try to surround her with fun things to play with. Your brother plays with you pretty hard sometimes and you are a very tough kid and rarely cry even if you do get hurt. You're tender and your feelings get hurt more than anything even though you could be bleeding. The one think I love about you, is you always, always tell me you love me back. Mommy and Daddy love you Austin - you bring so much joy to our family!

3 comments:

Gma Chris said...

Wow, I had forgotten how cute Rich looked in his little birthday hat. I have a bone to pick though with my two daughters. (Andrea and Jenni) I like to do things for my grandkids birthdays, but dont you think you could spread them out so they dont all fall within two months of Christmas. Come on Brian and Mal show them how to have kids in different months.

Gary or Carol said...

Rich, you look like you've just demanded "I want to see the King!"

Brian and Mal said...

Austin is getting so big!