Saturday, July 26, 2008

Raspberry Season

This morning bright and early, I woke up the kids at 7:30 fed them toast and orange julius and headed out to the raspberry fields. Teaching your kids to work is so important to me and I think this is a really good way for them to learn this and then benefit from their labor. They worked hard and it was hot but they loved it and were a huge help to me. The raspberries were thin as this was the last pick of the season so you really had to hunt for them. In 2 1/2 hours we were able to pick 11 lbs. compared to our 30 minute pick for 14 lbs of strawberries. Just thought we'd share a few pics from this morning.






7 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

love fresh raspberries!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, raspberries! I loved picking rasperries when I was a little kid; although, I never went to raspberry fields to pick them, I just picked them from my neighbors yard ;) Either way, I loved it!

Gary or Carol said...

It was just yesterday and we were picking raspberries. I am not sure we even get raspberries here in Korea. I have not seen them yet. Save me some for when we get home
Grandpa Gary

Leah said...

That's cool that you have a raspberry field to go to and teach your kids some labor! Raspberries are sooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

man those look so good and it looked like you guys had fun

dan and laura said...

OK, so i've commented on your blog like ten times! how did you not know i didn't have a blog? But, I'm glad you finally found us. Oh, and save some raspberries for me! Oh, and tell the boys hi, they are so stinkin' cute...i can't believe how long their hair is.

Danielle said...

Was this really your last post or am I just not getting updates?

Did you try the coconut chicken yet? Last night at Wal-mart, I found coconut milk in the baking section. It surprised me. You can use coconut cream but you'd need to water it down a bit.

Thanks for the call. I will call you back this week, once I get the girls back to school.