Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

The 4th of July was fun and laid back. My kids had a sleep-over on the 3rd of July at Aunt Pam's house with Aunt Judi and Corinne, Natalee and Harrison. They got up on the morning of the 4th and went and saw Wall-E. They came home and said they loved it. They came home with a bag full of stuff from the dollar store! What the heck. I hate that! Oh well they loved it. I think almost everything they bought is already broken and thrown away. Supposedly they did chores for Aunt Pam and earned money to buy themselves some toys. We picked them up at lunch time and took them to the Mt Scott Community pool. I didn't take my camera and I'm so mad about it. They have a big twirly slide and boy did Austin and Redden use the heck out of it. Austin wanted to go down all by himself which really was amazing. He always wanted Daddy to catch him at the bottom not mommy. Oh well...maybe the next kid will be a mommy kid. They played and played and played until Rich and I couldn't even breath to keep up with them. We took them home changed our clothes and went straight to Gramma B's house (aka Gramma Dirt - quickly becoming Gramma Cookie). For those of you who don't know, this is my friend Megans mom who has been so kind to take in our family as her own. We get invited to everything that they do as a family including family reunions. I love their family and are forever grateful in their efforts to make sure that on holidays we have something to do with people we love. Thank you Bangerters!!! Words cannot express my gratitude towards your family. We had dinner there, and Grampa Dirt washed up the tractor for the bike/tractor/candy parade. They have a big long driveway and have the kids decorate themselves and their bikes in 4th of July gear and drive around and around then the tractor does it throwing candy at everyone. We then went home and lit some of our own fireworks before we put the kids to bed.



















3 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like you guys had a good old fashioned time! I love laid back holidays, I think its more memorable that way! And don't ya just LOVE the dollar store! haha that's funny

Mark and Lachelle said...

Hey welcome back!!! I was missing your posts! Good to hear you're alive and well ;) Love all the pics! And I totally want to go to that Spray park!! That looks awesome! Lucky kids!

Bill & Jen said...

Those Bangerters are sure darn nice to take you in....I'm sure it makes you feel like you have family next to you huh....I hate dollar stores too, but I have resorted awarding prizes from there if they do extra work for mom. and love the spray park.

REDDEN LOOKS SO BIG WITH HIS SHAG!