Monday, September 22, 2008

My Stats at 37 weeks

Last Monday when I went to the Dr. he told me that I was dialated to a 2 and 30% effaced. This morning he said that nothing had really changed that much. Other than having numb arms and no nerve endings in my hands or any of my 10 fingers and the slight swelling that's bothering my ankles, I'm doing great. This pregnancy has been wonderful. I'm carrying completely different this time compared to the last 2. Both other times I just felt big everywhere! This time, I feel like I'm just totally carrying that little ball right out front. I had a baby shower on Friday night the 19th and everyone was joking about how not fair it was that the pregnant lady still had a waist from behind. You can't even tell from behind me that I'm pregnant but boy when I turn around is it hilarious. People in church keep saying that I'm the cutest pregnant lady they've ever seen and that I do pregnant well. I'm telling you what, this pregnancy I needed those comments. I'm not sure if they're being nice or what but frankly I do not care. You need those comments when you feel ugly and huge. I've finally hit being uncomfortable with only a mere 3 weeks left which is pretty impressive in my opinion. At 9 months pregnant I've gained 18.5 lbs which I also thing is pretty swell. People keep wanting to know if I'm tired of it and ready to be done. For those of you who don't live close and can't hear my answer, it is this...I'm not an anxious pregnancy person. Once they're here they're here and you can't send them back. I enjoy my time alone in the evenings with my husband and that will go by the wayside for a little while once the baby is here. So, no I'm never wishing a due date on myself, the baby will come when the baby will come and I'm good with that. If there is ANY change from this Monday to next Monday, the Dr. will schedule me to be induced. I asked why he's offering and being so nice without me fighting him and he said I have history and numbers that allow induction. Most people that want to be induced are people who are just sick and tired of being pregnant which is not reason enough to do it. So, we'll find out on Monday if we'll be scheduling or waiting another week. Since I haven't hardly written anything about being pregnant, I just filled you in on ALL of the details. Sorry for the novel. When Rich gets home from work I'll include some pictures of me so that everyone can see.

6 comments:

tara said...

Hi Andrea. It's Tara Sorensen if you don't recognize the name. I found your blog and have been snooping. Congrats on a baby girl. I must say, girls are fun. Glad everything is going well. Check us out too ok?

Shena said...

I'm so jealous! I'm the opposite! I want this baby OUT!!!! Wanna trade due dates?!?!?!

Castiel Moyes said...

I didn't realize that you love being pregnant so much!! Maybe if your really really lucky you will go weeks over due and you can stay pregnant even longer!jk

Annie said...

You really are so cute, Andrea. And I love how not anxious you are for your babies to come out. Right now she is changing her own diaper, feeding herself and getting up with herself during the night. That's right, enjoy it while you can!n :o)

Leah said...

Let's see those recent pics of the cute pregnant lady! I have to agree, you do look dang cute!

Brent & Kathy said...

Andrea! Congrats...you are almost to the arrival date. I would love to see photo's of you and the nursery! What did you get at your baby shower? I have finally reached 12 weeks and I'm am still sick as ever. My mom is coming to stay with me while Brent is away with soccer. :( Are you ever going to call me???? Kathy