Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fall Soccer

This summer I was voted onto the Oregon City Soccer Club Board as the Secretary. My duties are to take minutes at each monthly meeting, attend executive soccer board meetings when necessary and checking the Oregon City Soccer Club Voicemail. In doing so, I'm allowing all my children the opportunity to ref soccer games at 15 bucks an hour when they turn 11 and also allowing them to play in the soccer organization throughout their childhood at zero expense to me. I feel privledged to be a part of something my children love and know what is going on at all levels. I'm grateful for having the opportunity to give to our community in such a way while allowing my kids to create wonderful childhood memories. Being on the board however has it's downfalls, like knowing we still needs coaches. So...I'm sure you can all guess, there is a new coach for the U4-5 year old co ed soccer team. His name is Coach Turner. He's has also volunteered his time as well to coach this young group of kids for their first ever experience in soccer. We've had many compliments from parents of our team who think we're (meaning me) super organized and doing a fabulous job coaching their children (meaning Rich). It's fun to be involved. Both the kids have had a game and several practices so far. So until the middle of November you probably wont catch us home alot in the evening as we're at the soccer field! Redden has a really good set of coaches for him this year who will be able to teach him a lot. He's come so far in just 1 year. He's not so timid anymore and has shown an interest in being a goalie as well. I think the coaches like that he's pretty versatile. Their team name is the Green Dragons and Austin team name is the Tigers. Austin thinks he's pretty hot to trot because he made 3 goals his first game and 1 in the 2nd game. We all love it and enjoy spending time getting some exercise not to mention that they sleep really really good and by they yes my husband is included.


Austin getting ready for a corner kick This is Austin closest to the camera with the really good form!!




Rich congratulating his team on a well deserved goal!!!


8 comments:

Bill & Jen said...

Well "dog diggity dog"! You guys are all full of surprises!!! That's awesome, Mrs Turner and Coach Turner!! Good thing Rich ain't kickin those goals in...(if ya know what I mean ;)

Gary or Carol said...

Andrea, what a great thing you're doing. You should be complimented for sure, and I love the way you're raising your kids.

But seeing Rich with those little kids knowing what he has to offer in skill and patience and love...that just pulls at my heartstrings because I am so proud of the man he is. Love you, Rich!

Brian and Mal said...

Richard, you are my hero too...

Lacey said...

Man, you are so on top of things. Canning like a wild woman and doing the whole soccer thing at the same time. You are making me feel like a lazy mom! :0)

Castiel Moyes said...

Good for you! That is exciting. You will be great at that! What will you do when the baby comes? Will soccer season be over then?

Brooke said...

Andrea! How are you! I'm so glad I found your blog! Email me: brookelambert@gmail.com so I can invite you to ours. :)

I CANNOT believe Redden is 7 1/2. It is really freaking me out. Your boys are so handsome! And congrats on baby girl! How exciting!!!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations Mrs. Soccer Sexretary! :)

Jody said...

Andrea!! So good to hear from you! I have not seen you forever!I love looking at your blog and seeing your cute family. Your boys are SO cute and congrats on your baby girl. I'm excited to be able to keep in touch this way.