Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quote of the Day

So about 9 months ago while I was in Utah, my step dad found a dollar store that was going out of business. They were selling everything for super super cheap, if you can imagine. I figured since I had driven to Utah that I could stock up on cleaning supplies and have a year supply of them for about $35. I got laundry detergent, dishwashing soap, dishwasher soap, fabric softener etc. I was ecstatic! Anyway, we've been working our way through the laundry detergent which happens to be powder. Well, the last box of detergent happens to be a cardboard box and anyone whose been to Oregon knows the air is a little moist, which has turned my laundry powder into a big brick. The other day I had asked Rich to start a load of laundry for me while I was doing something else. I walked down the hallway to put something away in the boys room and heard the water to the washing machine running into the tank. In the midst of me walking by and the water running I hear this mumbled underneath Rich's breathe, not for me to hear though...



"Are we really this freaking poor".



(said as more of a statement)



I continued down the hall busting up laughing. Of course we're not poor - The 1 time I ask him to start laundry is the time that I found detergent at the dollar store that hardened into a brick that he was having to break apart with a pencil that was conveniently located in the box. All for a year supply of cleaning products. He loves me!

8 comments:

dan and laura said...

that is so funny! you got me laughing- the thing is Dan would be the exact opposite "thanks, Laura, for being cheap". hope you guys are doing well! ;)

Rachel said...

That's awesome. I have some of that at the bottom on my costo-sized box. It's annoying.

Gary or Carol said...

Love the way you guys work together...while Andrea is "busting up laughing" Rich is busting up detergent.

Brian and Mal said...

that is really funny rich... all your hard work on the job and you have to come home and break out the hammer drill to do laundry..... i feel ya bro... cant wait to come golf up there this summer, that is if you can have some time off from your slave laundry labor.

Mark and Lachelle said...

Classic!! I'm still laughing! I love the whole idea of breaking the detergent up with a freaking pencil!! I never realized how much of a luxury liquid detergent can be :)

Cami said...

LOL! That's all I have to say about that! I can totally hear Rich saying that.

Lacey said...

I love it! You crack me up!

The Cranes said...

I still have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. My husband would have so said the same dang thing!