Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Camping at Indian Henry

The weekend before Memorial day, I had approached Rich and told him I was tired of sitting around on holidays feeling sorry for myself that we didn't have family ordeals to go to. Something I was taught by a wise sister-in-law is that being away from family forces you to create traditions and memories with your own family. This memorial day it had occured to me that just because we didn't have family to do things with didn't mean that I couldn't plan something fun for us to do. We took them camping to Indian Henry about 50 minutes from our home and had an absolute blast as you can see. We had good food, lots of fun, discovery hikes, scenery hikes, bmx bike riding, and lots and lots of smores, oh and we must'nt forget the famous skit featuring Rich, Redden and Austin Turner. Here's some pictures of our fun. I wish my family could have been there, I do miss all the little holiday get togethers and traditions that we always did. Labor day campouts at grandmas, family camping reunion every July, everyone go to grandma's house for the weekend to party, lunch dates with my mom and sisters and aunts etc etc. I miss those the very most. We love you and miss you all!
The beautiful scenery at the top of our hike. Smores Smores and more smores, we didn't even eat lunch one day because no one was hungry



Our Scenery hike. It's so convenient to have a kid old enough to hold the camera still long enought to take a picture. Now we can actually have some of us! What do ya know?!
Enjoying the warm fire after the rain storm
Roasting more marshmallows for smores and more smores!
Dinner at camp
Did I mention we had smores?
My Austin on our scenery hike along the trailhead.






The famous "Caribou County Fair Skit"

9 comments:

Leah said...

Hey cous, love the camping pics,so pretty. I finally (with Lachelle's help) got a blog too. It is meaksfam.blogspot.com

The Cranes said...

I don't get the skit thingy??

Rachel said...

I was wondering where you were. It looks so fun!

Janiece said...

It is so beautiful there. Your boys are getting so big. Austin reminds me of Blake, what a cutie!

Brian and Mal said...

hey, did you guys have smores?

Mark and Lachelle said...

Oh my hell!! I remember that skit at Andreasen family reunions!! Classic!! And kudos to you for going camping! I used to love camping when I was younger, but for some reason, the prissy fairy hit me with her wand, and now I don't like camping. I think it's probably because of the bugs, and the cold. "Roughin" it for me, is the Marriot! But I do love smores!!!

Bill & Jen said...

HAHA!!! Nice skit! I'm glad you guys went camping and had a good time! However...I think Redden needs is handy Aunt living a little closer! ;)

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cami said...

Cute pictures! So did you totally get rained out on Monday? I was glad I went home! And please tell me you knew the ending to that
"Ugliest Kid" skit! That's as old as they get! hahaha!