Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The best present ever

Rich will claim still to this day that this is the best present he ever received. I think he's forgotten some things over the years...hehehe. Either way it's been really fun and a good tradition that we've started in our home. We love our firepit and the yummies that go along with it. We try to pull the cover off and do smore's as often as possible. It's so nice on those days that it sprinkled and dried out to go sit outside with a jacket on and be together as a family. One night we played "I'm goin' on a trip and I'm taking a "Apple" "Bucket" "Car" etc. The boys had a lot of fun and we laughed trying to help each other through the alphabet. Jessi wants to roast too but those pointy sticks scare me. So she found her own stick. She picked up the lighter that we used to start the fire and she knows that we wont let her get close so she stood back holding her stick about 1 ft from the edge and pretended to roast her fake marshmallow. She did however realize that she could quietly go missing behind the table and nabbed the chocolate off the graham crackers that I had just set up. The little stinker! Again not the greatest pics but it's documented!

After the viewing of this picture, I immediately marched downstairs and pulled that stupid orange fleece jacket out of the closet and donated it to goodwill! It's terrible...isn't this where friends and family are supposed to come in and tell you the truth? short and fluffy? I should have known, that's never been my type. haha


4 comments:

Danielle said...

Take Rich's hat too... ;) hahaha!

Bill & Jen said...

HA! I agree with Danielle! That's funny. Gotta love Family. Hey, maybe i missed it, but what is Rich's most favorite birthday present?? Smores, the firepit, family?? What is it, I'm stumped!

Gary or Carol said...

I just looked at this...funny you should blog about the fire pit as we roasted marshmallows on ours (identical to yours) last night...first time this spring. I agree...great gift. Although Gary's getting something this weekend that he is ecstatic about...blogging after we use it this weekend.

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ok, it's official. I NEED one of those firepits!