Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our New Home

This year we were fortunate enough to be able to purchase a new home for our family (Thank you honey). We didn't move far, but to a much larger home where there are more children to play with and more room for us & company. Every once in a while I get choked up thinking about how much I have been blessed with. This last week I took Redden grocery shopping and drove the back roads to a store I don't usually go to for a change. As we were driving we passed an RV Park. But not the kind that people come and go for the weekend. It's right off the road and it was packed - not a single place left. Full of RV's,cars, clotheslines, grills, etc. Where you can tell people live. Not that there's anything wrong with this because atleast they have a roof over their heads but I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I am to have the life that I do. Tears welled in my eyes as Redden told me he was thankful to have a home. When we got back home he told Rich thank you for working hard so we can have a real house. It doesn't happen very often that kids realize what they have but I hope that this lesson is something I can help my kids remember their whole lives. I thank my lucky starts that I found and married a man who would give his limbs to support his family. Love you babe. I haven't taken any pictures of our home with our stuff in it yet, but here are a few pictures for those of you who have never been here but with the other peoples' stuff.
At the top of the stairs looking toward the master and Jessi's room
Jessi's room

The Master~ Not a good angle

They boys room.

The laundry room also taken at a very weird angle. There's a linen closet in here too

The bonus room..YEAH!!! A place for ALL their crap

From the kitchen lookinig into the family room

Our agent sitting at their table writing up papers.

Living room off the entry

Looking back toward the front door

A picture of the office right off the front door taken at a very weird angle.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I am so excited to see your new house. It looks really light and has lots of windows. You need that in Oregon.