Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New House= New Table

As I was pregnant with Jessi I had an issue. And yes... another one to go along with the other issues I have when I'm pregnant. I kept freaking out that we only had a table that seats 4 people and there was no other place that we could fit a bigger table even if we had one. (Now we're in a new house so it doesn't matter). But literally I would have anxiety attacks about not having a table for more people. So we moved into our new home and I sold our cute little family table on craigslist thus no table for new house. While we were shopping for a new home I had found a table at world market that I loved but it was approximately $2200.00. Oh man did I love this table. Rich of course wanted to get it right then because it was on sale for about $1500.00 and it was exactly what I wanted. We didn't have anywhere to put it though and they come put together because they're solid wood. I didn't want to have to find somewhere to store it for the next who knows how long. I said no, we'll wait until it goes on sale again and hopefully we'll be in our house by then. So...we moved in and you're not going to believe it but we sat and ate at this table, yes all 5 of us for over a month and a half because that stupid table wasn't going back on sale...take a look
Rich loved it everynight that we had to sit at that table...lol not really. And after seeing it for $1500 I was not going to pay $2200 so we needed to develop some patience. Well memorial day rolled around and my inlaws were visiting. Carol wanted a new patio umbrella from Kohls. I asked if she minded if I ran into world market first just to see what the story was with the table of my dreams. We went into find the last table with a little nick in the top on sale for $100. It was on clearance. I asked the store people what was going on and they said that the table was on clearance. I said because it's nicked and they said the set was being retired. In other words the table of my dreams was going away forever!!! There was another chair normally $129 on clearance for $24 it was also damaged. My worst nightmares were happening when all they had left was dinged up pieces of furniture on clearance. The clerk said no mam, the whole set is on clearance we have more chairs in the back and some at another store, but that is the only table and all of the chairs are $24 not just the damaged one. I was absolutely elated and of course my dear husband was too when I called him. I bought 8 chairs 1 table and another set of 4 folding chairs also on clearance for drumroll please



.



.



.



.



.



.



$350.00
How often does a deal like that ever come around? I counted my lucky stars that day. Just incase you wanted to know that was about 83% off on brand spanking new furniture. I love my table.



4 comments:

Bill & Jen said...

I don't remember you telling me that was how much you bought it for! Dang Girl! Question for ya though...What's bothering Austin??? LOL Are you sure it wasnt him that was "thrilled" about using the small table? :)

Gary or Carol said...

...a day I will always remember. I will never forget the 83% part either.

Leah said...

Are you kidding me?? Wow, patience paid off for you guys! Beautiful table!

Bobbi said...

Wow! another blessing like we were discussing last conversation. You must be living right!! I love it!