Tuesday, November 25, 2008

End of the Season

Okay so it's been a while, I've been preoccupied. We had the year end party for the U4-5 Soccer kids. We got together after the game and Rich handed them out their trophies and pictures and then got their picture taken with "coach". We had lunch, cake and then everyone went home. It was a nice experience for Rich and Austin to always remember. After the party Rich had a parent said that several of the parents had gotten together and discussed asking him to come back and coach the same bunch of kids next year to try to keep them all together. They went their whole season undefeated and are a good bunch of soccer players. If Rich agrees to come back as a coach, they'll move him up each year with the same kids. I think he's going to do it. At first I thought the parents were just trying to be nice, but at the November soccer board meeting, the registrar came up to me and said "I hope you're husbands planning on coming back, we got alot of calls from the parents on his team that loved him as a coach and want him to come back." I paid the compliment to my husband and he just smiled. We were glad to hear that after an incident that he had at practice. It was the practice after Halloween and the kids were all hyped up on sugar. They would not listen to a thing and wouldn't keep their hands to themselves. They were pushing and shoving and basically playing football. Rich had finally reached his limit and said "If you guys can't learn to keep your hands to yourselves, I'm going to tie your sleeves together." Sure enough it could not happen, he ended up tying a little boys sleeves together and the kids burst out in tears and ran to his dad. He didn't play the rest of the practice, didn't come to the next game and then finally showed up at the next practice and aplogized to Rich for misbehaving. We were so relieved!! Anyway here are a few cute pictures from our party. Way to go honey! I'm proud of you for being willing to donate your time to do this and for being so well liked at the same time. :) Austin loved having you as his coach and the kids/parents loved you!


3 comments:

Brian and Mal said...

ha ha, that's the funniest thing ever! I can see Rich tying kids sleeves together. I am almost rolling on the floor here! If I played soccer, I would want Richard to be my coach.

Gary or Carol said...

Good Job, Son!

Anonymous said...

All those cute little boys makes me smile! What I have to look forward to!