Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pinewood Derby 2009



This was Reddens 1st pine wood derby event. He looks forward to it and loves to call Grandpa David for advice and tips. We did all the little tricks and stuff that he suggests and he always runs a quick car. I drove him downtown to a little hobby shop and picked up graphite and other materials. The kids and I had an evening out while Rich had a time out at home :) We prepared for a couple of weeks carving, painting, sanding, polishing, weighting etc. etc. Here is the 2009 Turner Pinewood Derby car. It was pretty goodlooking if I must say so myself. We were all pretty proud. He raced well and always had a good time. I think if they would have given places out all the way down he got 4th or 5th. I'm telling you what. There are some people in our ward who build the weirdest shape cars and can still make them go fast. Oh well, it's the bonding that counts right?
This is Jessi with Zoe from our ward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Redden!!!
That's cool you did so well.
We will have to try again next year and win the thing.
Keep up the good work.
Love Grandpa David